Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Forest Easel Painting

I was thrilled when Rashmie from Mommy Labs asked me to be involved in her Forest Fiesta project to help celebrate World Environment Day!!! Today many bloggers are participating in this Forest Fiesta project to help their children understand the value of our forests by creating "Art" that has a forest theme.  I've been talking to Cassie about Trees and the importance of them for the past couple weeks and also shared with her the video: Of Forest and Men which was made for the purpose of raising awareness of the importance of forests. Even as an almost five year old she understood some of the content that this video was telling and asked many questions! I encourage everyone to watch this video here and you will be moved! For this project Cassie created an outdoor easel painting of a forest scene. You can check out the progression of her painting from start to finish below. Other "forest scenes" will be featured in the Linky after this post.


We don't live right next to a forest so I figured being outside with "real trees" would be great inspiration for Cassie! She started out with the tree trunks and some branches.


I told her to make at least 5 trees to make it look more like a forest! She added more trees, branches, and the beginnings of some grass.


Some leaves were added along with more grass! C was really getting in to this! Mommy was proud!


Still more grass and leaves were added! Looking great!


The last touches were made with more grass! C said, "I am done!"


Here is the artist with her finished painting! Very PROUD, indeed!!!


Hope we've inspired you to really think about the importance of our forests on our Earth! I told Cassie that by making this painting that she was helping the forests by making people understand how important they are to every living thing!

Be sure to check out all the other great posts below about Forests!
(or link up your own idea!)

If you don't have a blog you can share your idea on facebook at Mommy Labs page here or my page here.


Thank You Mommy Labs For Inviting Us to Your Forest Fiesta!


***Be sure to check out Mommy Labs Forest Art too here.
This post is linked to:

14 comments:

  1. Melissa,
    I love Cassie's bright coloured forest and the use of bold strokes. I think she definitely has an artistic inclination. And why not - with such a motivating and creative mamma like you.
    O yeah - and I LOVE her easel. Painting outside among the trees is so therapeutic too!
    Thank you to both of you for participating in Forest Fiesta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be proud too - heck I am proud of C! What a beautiful painting (and check out her clothes! CLEAN!) -- I think she really grasped what a Forest is - it looks wonderful! Great job Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa,
    Tell your daughter she has done a great job !! That is a beautiful painting she has made:)) Loved it !!
    Need to show this to putti, hopefully it inspires her to paint at easel .

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful documentation of the process from start to finish! :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the vivid green! We have variety of beautiful trees in our yard. I think I will have Little M paint a backyard portrait. . .thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a lovely painting she did, melissa! painting al fresco is so wonderful and refreshing, isn't it?! thank you for that reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so fun! Taking the easel outdoors is perfect for exploring nature and the forest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice! Please tell C. that Happy, Sweet & Little said job well done! They're begging me to bring the easels outdoor now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Painting outdoors is a great way to expand a budding artists experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Lovely to see art happening outside :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have so many fascinating ideas! When I taught art I would take my 8th graders on a field trip to a local part to paint nature- it was so much fun! Thanks for linking up to The Sunday Showcase!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are reallly good paintings and I should get an easeal like that for my children!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing this. I really like it. Post more!

    ReplyDelete