Thursday, June 2, 2011

Glue Prints!!!

Today you get two Chocolate Muffin ideas for the price of one!!! I have a  post today featured on Moms by heart  that is part of their Summer Staycation Series of activities to do with kids! My post featured on Moms by heart is titled Salty Watercolor and Glue Paintings. My post on the blog today is about Glue today too! We made Glue Prints!


For this project you'll need:

White Glue
Matte board or scrap cardboard 
tempera paint
paint brush
paper

To begin you need to get some thick cardboard. We used some scrap matte board which you can easily get a frame shop.  You could use cardboard from cereal or pizza boxes too! Now grab some white glue and draw with the glue to create a picture. Cassie did about three glue drawings of people. 


Here is one of Cassie's finished glue drawings! I just adore it! ***Now--- you need to let the glue drawing dry for at least over night. Thicker area may take longer!***


After the glue drawing is dry, you will need to paint over the glue drawing with tempera paint. You could use a roller, but we chose to try it tis way.  A roller works better with thicker paint like acrylic or printmaking ink.


Once we covered the cardboard and glue, I carefully took a paper and put it on top of the painted glue drawing. Then Cassie used her hands to rub all over the paper so that the paint would print.


Carefully peel back the paper and you have a print! This print was a little light, but the whole idea of printmaking is to print many times and experiment---so that is what we did!


The next print was done in blue. A little darker!


Next time we used both magenta and blue to create purple.  


I liked this print because not only did the colors mix to make purple, but also you could still see other layers of the separate colors.  It gave it more dimension!


We printed a bunch as yo can see! It was fun to see how they came out so differently!


Have Fun! Experimenting is the key to successful prints!

***Be sure to check out my other post today: Salty Watercolor and Glue Painting on Moms by heart here!!!  Let me know what you think?
This post is linked to:
IT'S PLAYTIME
FOR THE KIDS FRIDAY
FUN FOR KIDS FRIDAY
NO TIME FOR FLASHCARDS
CRAFT SCHOOLING SUNDAY
SUNDAY SHOWCASE
RESOURCE CENTRE
KIDS CAN CRAFT

32 comments:

  1. wow! these prints turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another awesome idea. I love this blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is impressive! Very nice! :) I may try this with Henry - making some of my own drawings for him to print, but also letting him 'draw' (okay, squirt) with the glue. It looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love love the prints! wonderful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How creative. . .those would make great thank you cards. (and my kids just happen to be working on thank you cards!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really wonderful! The prints have come out so nice and colourful. Have to try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH, wonderful ! I love your blog, and isn't art just the B E S T ???
    Please encourage your readers to visit my blog too. Right now I have some fun art ideas there to share, and photos too!
    http://maryannfkohl.typepad.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun project! I love the process, and the prints look wonderful too. Loved your salty gluey activity as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are fabulous! I never would have known you could do something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these glue prints!! Each of them look wonderful !!
    We just did some glue rubbings, so have the dried glue designs ready for us to try this:-)

    Your salt paintings look beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a fun idea! This is definitely something I will try with my girls.

    ReplyDelete
  12. THANK YOU FOR SAVING MY SANITY ON A RAINY DAY!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Why not paint with an acrylic paint and medium and print it on a cotton t-shirt,

    ReplyDelete
  14. PS would love for you to link this fab fun idea to the Sunday Showcase

    Bernadette
    http://momto2poshlildivas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi!

    Im your new follower!
    Loved this Glue Art!

    Do visit my blog too at http://aliascreativelife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome idea, I love the final print effect, it's frameable!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well, now that is very clever and very fun! Can't wait to try it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are wonderful - thank you for sharing it on Link&Learn this week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great idea! My son loves to "glue" but he never wants to stick anything on top of his glue. This could be a fun thing to do with all of those pages he just wants to fill up with glue.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous! This is a great one to do alongside other printing activities so could be done across the school! Great to have it on the Resource Centre! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I loved teaching my students about printmaking when I taught art! Great post- I love it! Thanks again for sharing ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats you have been featured! http://www.classifiedmom.com/2011/06/sunday-showcase-612.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome idea!
    Thanks for sharing!
    We love art projects and have not done many of them that we can share lately so will have to give this a try. Little Bro loves using glue so he will be into this.
    Have a nice week!
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oooh, brilliant. We're going to have to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awesome idea and stunning results, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is a great idea. What I love about doing this is I can do it as a past time with my children.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very interesting! I've never used dried glue for anything really. Can't wait to try this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  28. They look great. How did you clean the plate between colours?

    ReplyDelete
  29. awesome. what kind of glue did you use? Elmers school glue or glue all?

    ReplyDelete