Friday, June 10, 2011

Super Easy Shaving Cream Bathtub Paint

I Love this idea and Cassie has already requested it at least 5 times in the past few weeks: Shaving Cream Bathtub  Paint!!!  Very little preparation....each time we do this it has been very spontaneous! I saw this idea over at this beautiful blog: Meet The Dubiens and thought it was too good to be true....but it truly was a HIT! Sometimes the most simple ideas produce the best results! All  you need is some shaving cream,  food coloring,  paint brushes,  and a container for the paint.  We used a styrofoam egg carton which worked really well because it floated in the water as C painted! We've used this same egg carton over and over again! You could use any container such as a muffin tin, ice cube tray, or even separate containers. Add some shaving cream and a few drops of food color in each section...mix...and you are ready to paint!


Cassie didn't paint anything amazing, but she really had a good time exploring and playing


She had some good clean fun! Don't worry the food coloring came off from my white tiles!


Cassie started painting all the features of the bathtub: the faucet, soap dish,  and  the circle above the drain. I suggested tic tac toe on the square tiles!


For a girl who hates finger painting (she likes hand prints), this was a GREAT SOLUTION for exploring paint with her hands!!! Looks like there is finger painting going on here!!!!


***Stay tuned for more Bathtub fun...
This Post is Linked to:
THE PLAY ACADEMY
FOR THE KIDS FRIDAY
HIGH PAW
NO TIME FOR FLASHCARDS
CRAFT SCHOOLING SUNDAY
SUNDAY SHOWCASE
PRESCHOOL CORNER
SHOW AND TELL


13 comments:

  1. Lovely!! We have mixed food colors to old sunscreens, body lotions etc and painted but never have tried shaving cream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! No problem with staining? We have a stand alone tub for the boys - I wonder how he'd do at keeping it in the tub! ha! But I just have to try a bathtub paint! They always look like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog this morning. I had to hop over to yours and I just spent some time looking over your lovely posts. All I can say is that I wish all my students came from a home as creative and interactive as yours!! What fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! So glad I tried out the sunday showcase! Such a great idea we will definitely try this at our house!!
    Stef (the nanny from http://askananny.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely, I think I might just have to lock myself in the bathroom and have some fun! thanks so much for sharing on Craft Schooling Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Madison was so surprised tonight when I made her the egg carton of shaving cream colored paints. She thought this was the coolest idea and that I was a rock star Mom for letting her do it. Thanks for the great tip. I loved that the egg carton floated!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great idea! I am definitely going to try this with my son. He will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - what a great idea. Can't wait to try this out. Thank you for blogging this, my toddler will LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow great idea - and I really love the egg box palette.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We always use bath time as shaving cream time! We are going to do this one for sure!
    Thanks again for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwww! We have to try this! :) Melissa, thanks for adding this idea to High paw! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I did this last night with my 20 month old, I was worried about the food coloring staining the tub (and him), so I used shaving cream and washable finger paint - it worked great and washed right off! The egg carton idea is wonderful though!

    ReplyDelete