Monday, October 29, 2012

Fried Pumpkin Seeds

This is a new one for me.  Have you ever fried pumpkin seeds? I've always baked Pumpkin Seeds, but my husband came across a recipe for frying them. They may not be as healthy, but the great thing is that they only take 5 minutes or so.


To fry Pumpkin Seeds,  place the clean Pumpkin Seeds in a about a couple Tablespoons of oil with salt in a frying pan at medium heat.



Then use a spatula to keep moving the seeds around for 5 minutes or until they are somewhat brown.  They are surprisingly delicious! I actually like them better than the baked version.



Of course my favorite part is carving the pumpkins and I had to share some of our pumpkin designs here too:
My design

C's Design


Have a Happy Halloween!

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Love your carved pumpkin, great job!! We are get to carve ours...
    My mom used to fry pumpkin seeds like this with oil, butter, salt and spices :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am absolutely sure that I would enjoy fried pumpkin seed more than baked. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. O yummy! I wish I had seen this sooner!

    ReplyDelete